TÜV Hessen works with a quality management system that has been tested and certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 and an environmental management system according to DIN EN ISO 14001:2015. This also includes the automotive business area.
At the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA), the Automotive division of TÜV Hessen is designated as the technical service for almost all important test procedures in the type approval process. Please contact us for individual information.
Federal Motor Transport Authority designation (extract)
In addition to those mentioned above, TÜV Hessen's Automotive business unit has other recognitions from authorities or organizations. .
- Initial assessment/verification
- Through cooperation with the management systems department, we are authorized to carry out initial assessments and verifications (review of the QM system and the approval-relevant requirements for manufacturers of vehicles or vehicle parts).
- Market surveillance activities
- On behalf of the Federal Motor Transport Authority, we carry out inspection orders (CoP/Conformity of Production) KBA. .
- Recognition by NTSEL (National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory) in Japan
- Through cooperation with the State Technical Supervision Hessen (TÜH), assessments that are necessary for the type approval of vehicles in Japan can be carried out.
- National recognition
- In addition to being designated as a technical service, we are recognized by the Technical Testing Center (TP) to carry out activities within the framework of national regulations (StVZO, StVO, FZV, etc.).
- International recognition as a technical service