Disbanding of TÜV Frankfurt pursuant to a law of August 19, 1947.
On August 23, 1947, the Law on the Restructuring of Technical Monitoring in Hesse comes into effect.
Technical inspection in Hesse is assigned to three technical monitoring boards in Darmstadt, Frankfurt, and Kassel; in the other German states (with the exception of Hamburg), technical monitoring continues to be performed by associations.
According to the law, all assets of TÜV Frankfurt are to be transferred to the National Technical Monitoring Board in the wake of the socialization. The military government agrees to this expropriation without compensation.
After a suit initiated by the parliamentary party LDP (today, FDP) and 51 members of TÜV Frankfurt, the Supreme Court of Hesse in Wiesbaden declares the expropriation without compensation as well as the disbanding of the association unconstitutional, and therefore invalid, on October 7, 1949.
On December 12, 1949, TÜV Frankfurt is re-founded.