At the directive from the head of the civil administration in Lorraine, TÜV Frankfurt assumes the tasks of the Technical Inspection Office for motor vehicle traffic as well as the inspection of all installations in Lorraine (Metz office) requiring monitoring.
After the collapse of all order under the Reich government, independent monitoring services develop on a local level and at a small scope in the former catchment area of TÜV Frankfurt.
On May 30, 1945, the German government of the Province of Starkenburg appoints the (government’s) Hessian Steam Boiler Inspection in Darmstadt for technical monitoring in Southern Hesse in lieu of TÜV Frankfurt. On September 9, 1945 its authority was extended to include Upper Hesse as well, and TÜV Frankfurt is denied the right to exercise any appraisal activities.
Founding of the governmental inspection offices in Darmstadt, Frankfurt am Main, and Kassel.